The use of Botox in medicine has long been known, but the substance has gained great popularity in aesthetic cosmetology. Today, it effectively solves the problem of the first signs of aging of the skin, eliminates facial wrinkles and increases the self-esteem of women.
The main indications for the use of botulinum toxin therapy include the following factors:
- wrinkles on the forehead;
- «frowned» facial expression due to facial wrinkles between the eyebrows on the bridge of the nose;
- the lowered edges of the eyebrows or fuzzy contour;
- the presence of small multiple wrinkles around the eyes;
- wrinkles in the area of cheekbones, cheeks;
- deep nasolabial folds (along with contouring);
- vertical wrinkles above upper lip;
- the presence of «second» chin;
Before Botox Injections
All patients, regardless of the selected area of correction, age and gender should observe a number of recommendations that will help to easily tolerate the injection of the drug, eliminate the risk of side effects.
Before the procedure you should avoid:
- drinking and smoking;
- the use of some antibiotics, aspirin;
During Botox Injections
Injections are performed only after prior consultation with a specialist.
In addition to assessing the condition of the skin in the correction area, the doctor examines the clinical history of the patient for allergic reactions, dermatological problems, and other concomitant diseases of some organs or systems.
The algorithm of the procedure consists in the following stages:
- cleansing the skin of make-up;
- antiseptic treatment;
- applying the marker to the areas of the intended correction;
- injecting Botox in the skin;
- the application of a sanitizing and moisturizing compositions.
Botulinum toxin therapy procedure is almost painless, does not require additional anesthesia, even with high sensitivity of the skin.
The position of the needle in the muscle structures is controlled by special equipment, adjusted, and then the injection is made. The injection site is pressed down with a finger to minimize the risk of hematomas.
After Botox Injections
The rehabilitation period after the injections of Botox does not require specific conditions, and its duration depends on the type of skin of the patient, their age and the risk of complications.
Usually patients can begin to work as usual with a few restrictions, but some require a stay at home. After the procedure, all patients should avoid:
- horizontal position for 6 hours after injection;
- hot baths, saunas;
- taking antibiotics or anesthetics.
- pregnancy and lactation;
- hypersensitivity to the components of Botox;
- allergic reactions to cosmetic products;
- acute infection;
- active phase of chronic diseases;
- oncogenic tumors of any genesis and localization;
- injuries at the injection site;
- dermatologic disease in the intended area of correction;
- endocrinological diseases;
- alcohol addiction.